Saturday, January 24, 2009

Why Work from Home.

I love my home business, in fact you could call it my bliss.

After my marriage ended, I was looking for a way to supplement my income. After all being the sole provider for 3 school age children on a pension doesn't leave alot for the basic 'luxuries' most average families enjoy. eg. takeaway meals, dvd hire, occassional trip to cinema to see latest movie, regular clothes shopping, just to name a few.

Initially, I took on regular domestic cleaning to help pay the bills. Not my ideal form of employment but it allowed me to be home for the kids before and after school. It did not allow me to stay home when they were sick. No work, no pay. But hey, we were coping.........just.

A few months later my superannuation report arrived. What a reality check! For the first time in ages, I looked to the future and realised that I would be still living on the pension, there will not be any retirement travel either in Australia or overseas. What a sad sad future to look forward to.

After some consideration I decided to get back into office work. I managed to get some Temp work which was full-time. 3 weeks later the job ended and we all heaved a sigh of relief. The kids hated after-school care, the costs of working full-time in daycare and fuel took care of any extra money I earned. In short, it just wasn't worth the pressure and stress to my already emotionally fragile family. Time to look at other options.

The computer! You hear of people earning an income on their computer, why can't I? I answered a pop-up offering information about work at home. Then forgot about it.

A week or so later I received a phone call. A few in fact. Regarding my request about working at home. I was the lady from hell. I ignored all initial messages, told majority of people that I didn't have time to listen etc etc. Only one lady managed to get my attention long enough for me to listen. What I heard made sense.

What did she offer?

  • The opportunity to earn an income
  • help the enviroment
  • improve my family's wellbeing
  • online support and training
  • a proven successful business system
  • non-toxic everyday household products
  • full money back guarantee within 90 days
  • no locked in contract
I knew this business would work. Maybe not overnight, but it would work and I certainly wasn't looking for a get rich quick scheme. I joined up, ordered my products and began my training.

Woo Hoo!!! Christmas has come early, my products have arrived. I tested those products on every house, surface etc I could find. They out-did themselves. Not only did my house smell clean and fresh, my bathroom and kitchen were sparkling. I was amazed. And I didn't have a raw throat or burning eyes from cleaning the bathroom.

The business has proven itself over and over. We have been able to afford the little luxuries I mentioned earlier as well as the occassional day trips and the first decent vacation we've had in years. Yes I took the kids to the Gold Coast and treated them to Movie World and Dreamworld as well as the Australian Zoo. We had a ball. We can't wait for the next holiday............mmmm where to go and what to see? So many places.

The best part about my business? I get to help people around Australia improve their health and finances. Who said you couldn't have a career and be a full-time mum too.

1 comment:

  1. With the rising unemployment rate Working from home is an excellent alternative.

    ReplyDelete